We Support our International Students to Feel Welcome and Safe While they are Away from Home.
Our dedicated staff inspire our international students to be future-focussed, lifelong learners who have a strong sense of identity and realise their potential.
International Student Director
I love interacting with our international students each day.
In my role as the Director of International Students, I enjoy providing ongoing support for our international students to ensure that they are enjoying their life in New Zealand and realising their potential at school. I place importance on keeping in regular contact with agents, parents and homestays.
International Student Administrator & Homestay Manager
I really enjoy catching up with our international students regularly; they often pop in for a chat during their break times. It’s always great to hear about their latest kiwi experiences and helping them queries and issues.
In my role as the International Student Administrator & Homestay Manager, I select and manage the homestay families and look for friendly, active, warm and caring families who love hosting international students and will provide them with a great kiwi experience.
ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) Support
- English language support is available to all international students if necessary.
- ESOL classes are small and cater for all levels of English.
- Support and preparation is provided for IELTS’ (International English Language Testing System) examination if needed.
- International Students participate in an Orientation Programme on their arrival.
- This programme provides information to help international students learn more about life in New Zealand, the school system and living with their homestay.
- The Careers Department will help create an individual academic programme to best suit the student’s needs.
- Each international student is placed into a Small Group with New Zealand students.
- Each Small Group is made up of approximately 15 students from Year 9 to Year 13, with a member of staff who is their leader.
- The purpose of the Small Group is to foster a strong sense of student to foster a strong sense of student belonging, and develop meaningful relationships with staff and among students focused on improving student learning and achievement.
Heads of House
- We have five Heads of House who are responsible for overall pastoral care of the students within their house.
- We have two Academic Advisors who are responsible for providing overall academic care of our students.
- We have three full time teachers of Career Education who are responsible for providing advice and guidance for our students on their education and career pathway.
- We have one full time Counsellor who is responsible for providing counselling services for our students.
Health Nurse and Doctor
- We have a well maintained Health Centre with trained staff, including trained office staff, a health nurse and a doctor. This is a confidential, free service for students.